Simply slapping together a FaceBook page, LinkedIn site, and a Twitter account does not a social media strategy make. Per Dr. Sean Carton’s article in InView!, following are ten questions to ask yourself when developing a social media strategy.
- What are we trying to accomplish?
- Why social media?
- What kind of social media will best help us achieve our goals?
- Are we prepared to let go control of our brand?
- What will we do to encourage participation? What are you planning on doing to drive people to your social media presence?
- Who will maintain our social media presence?
- Do we have the resource to keep this up, or will this be a short campaign?
- How does engaging users via social meda integrate into our overall marketing/communications strategy?
- How do we measure success?
- What will we do less of if we’re spending resources on social media?
All important questions, and all need to be answered when putting together your social media strategy plan.